Board index » Word on the Street... » News & Debate

Post subject: Report: Trump Considering Run for Governor
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:38 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/ap/20051230/113598114000.html

Could Donald Trump's next big project be political?

The New York Daily News, citing unnamed Republicans, reported Friday that Trump, the billionaire real estate developer and TV personality, is considering a run for governor as a Republican.

The report came after Senate Majority Leader Joseph Bruno on Thursday suggested a big-name candidate could be waiting in the wings to enter the 2006 governor's race on the GOP side.

"When it gets public, you are all going to become excited, interested, and will want to write about it," Bruno said.

Bruno, however, wouldn't name the mystery office seeker and Trump's office in New York had no immediate comment. State GOP Executive Director Ryan Moses said neither he nor state party Chairman Stephen Minarik have had any discussions with Trump about running.

Trump flirted with a possible run for president on the Reform Party ticket in 2000. He has also given money to Republicans and Democrats alike in state races.

Republicans are looking for a candidate with name recognition and money to take on the only announced Democratic candidate, state Attorney General Eliot Spitzer. Spitzer is far ahead of all candidates for governor in the early polls.

Bruno earlier this year successfully urged billionaire B. Thomas Golisano to become a Republican. The owner of the Buffalo Sabres hasn't announced whether he'll mount a gubernatorial campaign for the GOP nod after failing to win election in three attempts as the Independence Party candidate.

Other Republicans running for governor or expected to run for governor include former Massachusetts Gov. Bill Weld, former Assembly Minority Leader John Faso, Assemblyman Patrick Manning of Dutchess County, and former state Secretary of State Randy Daniels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:48 am 
Supersonic

Personally, I'd prefer a successful business person run my state...like Tom Golisano. I cringe at the thought of Trump running New York State, or any state for that matter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:59 pm 
Force of Nature
 WWW  Profile

Personnally I think it will be very hard for Republicans to come up with a canidate to beat Spitzer, I live upstate where there is more Republicans, and I know quite a few that are already planning to vote for Spitzer. I can't see Donald Trump having much appeal up here. Republicans can't even find a canidate to give Hillary a run for her money and she is less popular than Elliot Spitzer.
A second thing I really don't think Trump would do it, I doubt he would really be willing to make public all his finances.

LostTraveler> If a tree falls in a forest, and nobody is around to hear it or see it, do the other trees point and laugh at it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:10 pm 
Former PJ Drummer

Must need more publicity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:42 pm 
Stone's Bitch

bart d. wrote:

He did the US version of The Apprentice, didn't he? Maybe there's a new season coming up where he could train an intern for his governmental position.

proud member of team corduroy_blazer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:43 pm 
Administrator

KillingZoe wrote:
Personnally I think it will be very hard for Republicans to come up with a canidate to beat Spitzer, I live upstate where there is more Republicans, and I know quite a few that are already planning to vote for Spitzer. I can't see Donald Trump having much appeal up here. Republicans can't even find a canidate to give Hillary a run for her money and she is less popular than Elliot Spitzer.
A second thing I really don't think Trump would do it, I doubt he would really be willing to make public all his finances.

I'd have to agree with this. I'd need to check a fwe views that he has, but Spitzer sure seems like a winner in my book. I wonder if he would be better as a lawmaker or law enforcer, however.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:06 pm 
Interweb Celebrity

spitzer would wipe the floor with him.

We gotta watch our backs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:49 pm 
Founding Bitch

stuzzo wrote:
bart d. wrote:

He did the US version of The Apprentice, didn't he? Maybe there's a new season coming up where he could train an intern for his governmental position.

Christ that show was so pants. Little touches, like when they played a "royal" fanfare when he entered the room, were apalling.

Wilderness 1:49-2:04. Diamond Dust.

Window Washer's Dream - Planet Sonata's Intension

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:05 pm 
Supersonic

I plan on voting for Spitzer as it is. The Republican party in NY is a disgrace. I voted for McCall in the last election as well. The Democrats of New York are rooted more in conservatism than the Republican's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:12 pm 
Cameron's Stallion: Riding Hard
 WWW  Profile

I'd vote for Donald. If they got Bloomberg as Mayor, Trump also being in office would be the perfect match

You're elected! 8)

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness for he is truly his brothers keeper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:03 am 
Corin's Cutie/Stone's Bitch
 WWW  Profile

Yup

Sleater-Kinney, I will always <3 you! : (

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:55 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

stuzzo wrote:
bart d. wrote:

I wondered that too. How long it would take him to turn it into another reality show?

no one else can heal your soul.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:35 pm 
Got Some

I can't get past that hair.

Board index » Word on the Street... » News & Debate