Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:21 am 
Johnny Guitar

They should ban cars and fatty foods too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:31 am 
High Roller
 WWW  Profile

The Fresh Prince wrote:
Beer should be banned from the shelves of every store. It destroys peoples lives. You can say it's the consumers fault all you want, but that wont bring the lost lives back. I cant think of any other thing that destroys the lives of so many people on a daily bases and the American government doesnt give a shit because they still get their money.

Think of all the dumb things you or someone else has done because they were drunk. Its sad.

Anything abused the wrong way is bad. It isn't just beer/liquor. What about the people who can drink and not do anything bad? Those people should be punished cause other idiots can't hold their liquor? That's not fair. And a lot of these people who are idiots when they are drunk have something else wrong with them, it isn't just the alcohol, it's responsibility in general. So beer isn't the problem, it's the person themselves

RM Led Zeppelin Tourney Champ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:41 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Clubber wrote:
The Fresh Prince wrote:
Beer should be banned from the shelves of every store. It destroys peoples lives. You can say it's the consumers fault all you want, but that wont bring the lost lives back. I cant think of any other thing that destroys the lives of so many people on a daily bases and the American government doesnt give a shit because they still get their money.

Think of all the dumb things you or someone else has done because they were drunk. Its sad.

Anything abused the wrong way is bad. It isn't just beer/liquor. What about the people who can drink and not do anything bad? Those people should be punished cause other idiots can't hold their liquor? That's not fair. And a lot of these people who are idiots when they are drunk have something else wrong with them, it isn't just the alcohol, it's responsibility in general. So beer isn't the problem, it's the person themselves

Exactly, I enjoy a drink every now and then and don't beat my wife, don't drive drunk, and don't do things drunk that I wouldn't do sober. I believe that people who are irresponsible drinkers will just find another area in life to be irresponsible at if they didn't have drinking. This somehow reminds me of the guy in Billy Madison with the T-shirt that says:

Guns don't kill people

I kill people

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:09 am 
Stone's Bitch

Cartman wrote:
Clubber wrote:
The Fresh Prince wrote:

Exactly, I enjoy a drink every now and then and don't beat my wife, don't drive drunk, and don't do things drunk that I wouldn't do sober. I believe that people who are irresponsible drinkers will just find another area in life to be irresponsible at if they didn't have drinking. This somehow reminds me of the guy in Billy Madison with the T-shirt that says:

Guns don't kill people

I kill people

Okay, maybe I went a little overboard on this one. I still think something should be done about alcohol in this country. It is being overlooked to much. It all goes back to John Green. If that fucker wouldnt have gotten drunk at the Pistons/Pacers game he would have never had the balls to throw that damn beer and I would still be watching Artest, O'Neal and Jackson play.

By the way, it was Happy Gilmore and the shirt read...

"Guns dont kill people... I do."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:58 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

The Fresh Prince wrote:
Cartman wrote:
Clubber wrote:
The Fresh Prince wrote:

Guns don't kill people

I kill people

Okay, maybe I went a little overboard on this one. I still think something should be done about alcohol in this country. It is being overlooked to much. It all goes back to John Green. If that fucker wouldnt have gotten drunk at the Pistons/Pacers game he would have never had the balls to throw that damn beer and I would still be watching Artest, O'Neal and Jackson play.

By the way, it was Happy Gilmore and the shirt read...

"Guns dont kill people... I do."

Yeah.....thanks for the correction :oops:

But I actually think that the cup thrown had ice in it which in turn would have meant it had no beer in it. Anyway, what would you suggest we do about alcohol? Prohibition didn't work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:48 am 
Stone's Bitch

Cartman wrote:
Anyway, what would you suggest we do about alcohol? Prohibition didn't work.

Who do I look like, the fuckin president?

Just kidding. Im not sure I'd have to give it some thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:51 am 
Stone's Bitch

BTW: They found the fucker who threw the chair at Jermaine O'Neal. They are not going to give his name but the police found the guy. I bet they do him dirty because he hit a cop when he threw it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:25 pm 
Supersonic

The Fresh Prince wrote:
BTW: They found the fucker who threw the chair at Jermaine O'Neal. They are not going to give his name but the police found the guy. I bet they do him dirty because he hit a cop when he threw it.

For what its worth, he actually turned himself in . . . I wouldn't give the police of Auburn Hills, MI too much credit . . . :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:14 pm 
Johnny Guitar

Peeps wrote:
walshmg wrote:
Peeps wrote:
walshmg wrote:
It may be great, but who will watch it, nobody even misses and many people dont even realize they are on strike. How great could it be.

ive seen you make some ignorant ignorant statements on this board, this is right up there

wow, so you and your friends dont watch it, so nobody watches it. brilliant

I didnt say myself or my friends dont watch it, or that nobody watches it, try reading the statement. I said who will watch it. Just look at the ratings for the NHL the past couple years, its falling off the map. I have talked to many peolple who do not even realize they are not playing.

you said nobody even misses it, again, very very ignorant

Sorry, maybe .01% of sports fans miss it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:40 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

walshmg wrote:
Peeps wrote:
walshmg wrote:
Peeps wrote:
walshmg wrote:
It may be great, but who will watch it, nobody even misses and many people dont even realize they are on strike. How great could it be.

ive seen you make some ignorant ignorant statements on this board, this is right up there

I didnt say myself or my friends dont watch it, or that nobody watches it, try reading the statement. I said who will watch it. Just look at the ratings for the NHL the past couple years, its falling off the map. I have talked to many peolple who do not even realize they are not playing.

I know a lot of people who miss hockey. Where are you basing this data of yours?

I think you're basing it on the people you know and who surround your life but you need to think outside the box and realize that there is a whole world out there and some even like hockey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:57 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Cartman wrote:
walshmg wrote:
Peeps wrote:
walshmg wrote:
Peeps wrote:
walshmg wrote:

I know a lot of people who miss hockey. Where are you basing this data of yours?

I think you're basing it on the people you know and who surround your life but you need to think outside the box and realize that there is a whole world out there and some even like hockey.

i miss catching sabres games on tv with my parents....and was even hoping to check out an nhl game this year... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:11 am 
Stone's Bitch

Chris_H_2 wrote:
The Fresh Prince wrote:

For what its worth, he actually turned himself in . . . I wouldn't give the police of Auburn Hills, MI too much credit . . . :wink:

Hmmm... ESPN said that they found the guy. I dont think they said anything about him turning himself in. It doesnt matter anyway, aslong as he gets his time for doin' the crime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:59 am 
Administrator

Link Here

Pacers players to be charged in brawl

November 30, 2004

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) -- Indiana Pacers players will be charged for fighting with fans during the Nov. 19 brawl at the end of a game against the Detroit Pistons, Oakland County Prosecutor David Gorcyca told The Detroit News.

``Whoever was involved in fisticuffs will be charged, regardless if they were wearing a jersey. It's obvious there were several Pacer players and fans that dealt blows,'' Gorcyca said, the newspaper reported Tuesday.

The prosecutor declined to say which players would be charged or what the charges might be.

Auburn Hills police Lt. James Manning told the newspaper that he expects four members of the Pacers to face assault and battery charges.

Manning said at a news conference Monday that a lawyer for the Pacers told detectives that none of the players would agree to be interviewed by police. Prosecutors could get the police report by the beginning of next week, Manning said.

The fight between spectators and players broke out near the end of the game after an on-court dispute over a foul. A fan hurled a drink at Pacers forward Ron Artest, who charged into the stands, followed by teammates.

Artest was suspended without pay for the rest of the season by the NBA; Stephen Jackson was suspended for 30 games, Jermaine O'Neal for 25. The players' union appealed those punishments.

Police determined that a fourth member of the Pacers, reserve center David Harrison, was involved in the brawl, too, but the NBA didn't suspend him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:39 am 
Stone's Bitch

Didnt Ben Wallace commit battery when he shoved Artest in the neck?

Press charges Ron.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:55 pm 
Devil's Advocate

The Fresh Prince wrote:

Press charges Ron.

Press charges Michael Spinks, Mike Tyson, Sugar Ray Leonard..etc..

The difference that you're failing to see is that there is a wall that separates athletic competitors from spectators. Spectators pay to WATCH a sport, that's all. Athletes compete in sports willingly and for compensation that are or become physical by nature, when someone participating in that sport goes outside of the rules of the sport, the governing body sanctions them.
Once you go beyond the wall of competitor/spectator, you have entered the realm of the public and are subject to public law. Geez..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:10 am 
Stone's Bitch

Athletic Supporter wrote:
The Fresh Prince wrote:

Press charges Ron.

Press charges Michael Spinks, Mike Tyson, Sugar Ray Leonard..etc..

The difference that you're failing to see is that there is a wall that separates athletic competitors from spectators. Spectators pay to WATCH a sport, that's all. Athletes compete in sports willingly and for compensation that are or become physical by nature, when someone participating in that sport goes outside of the rules of the sport, the governing body sanctions them.
Once you go beyond the wall of competitor/spectator, you have entered the realm of the public and are subject to public law. Geez..

I just hate the Pistons, thats all.

"F" Ben Wallace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:16 am 
Johnny Guitar
 WWW  Profile

The Fresh Prince wrote:

Press charges Ron.
LMAO!!! That was part of the game...you know, what they get paid for!!! Fans, on the other hand, aren't part of the game! I am so glad to hear charges will be pressed. It will teach those frigging cowards a lesson or two. I hope they get more than probation too!!! I live in Oakland County, Michigan, where they will be charged. This county is notorious for being tough on crime.
LMAO!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:08 pm 
Devil's Advocate

The Fresh Prince wrote:

"F" Ben Wallace.

Don't be a hater. I got nothin' against the Pacers ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:29 am 
Stone's Bitch

Heatherj43 wrote:
The Fresh Prince wrote:

Press charges Ron.
LMAO!!! That was part of the game...you know, what they get paid for!!! Fans, on the other hand, aren't part of the game! I am so glad to hear charges will be pressed. It will teach those frigging cowards a lesson or two. I hope they get more than probation too!!! I live in Oakland County, Michigan, where they will be charged. This county is notorious for being tough on crime.
LMAO!!

Ron Artest is clearly the bad guy in this case, Im just sticking up for my "boy". I dont think we will see any of the players doing time.

BTW: John Green is banned from the Palace! One of the two guys wearing the white Pistons jersey got banned too. :twisted: Hahahahahaha!

"F" John Green!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:32 am 
Stone's Bitch

Athletic Supporter wrote:
The Fresh Prince wrote:

"F" Ben Wallace.

Don't be a hater. I got nothin' against the Pacers ;)

What?! Dont be a hater? Hating other teams is what makes sports fun. I used to hate the Knicks, but now the Pacers and Pistons are probably the biggest rivalry in basketball.

"F" Ben Wallace.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Board index » Word on the Street... » Sports